San Diego, CA US
DUTIES FOR THE SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST-DERMATOLOGY:
- Perform sterile techniques, sets up surgical trays, prep and drape patients for surgery, and assist with post-operative dressings.
- Ensure surgical packs are cleaned and packed for sterilization after every procedure;restock surgical supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment for the patient either by active participation in the cleaning of clinical spaces, operating rooms, and medical equipment, or by guiding other personnel in the environmental maintenance.
- Ensure upkeep, perform checks and maintain appropriate logs of medical equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST-DERMATOLOGY:
- Minimum 2 years of full-time experience within the last 3 years working as a surgical technologist
- Must possess a minimum of 3 months experience within the preceding 12 months assisting the surgeon in Mohs micrographic surgery procedures and post-operative surgery wound care.
- Possess either a certification in a Surgical Technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP);or completion of a formal training program provided by any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room technicians.
- Possess one of the following: Certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA);or possess certification as a Tech-in-Surgery (TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT);or possess Military Occupational Specialty/Navy Enlisted Classification as a surgical technician and/or operating room technician.
- Maintain current BLS (Healthcare Provider)
- U.S. Citizenship (required for access to Gov't computer systems)
- Competitive salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our active duty American heroes, veterans, and their families. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability