Pensacola, FL 32553 US
Job Responsibilities of the Surgical Technician:
- Work in collaboration with the surgical team to provide care to the patient during a surgical/invasive procedure.
- Assist with coordination or supplies, instrumentation, and equipment for the surgical procedure.
- Performs scrub duties for various surgical procedures/specialties following established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Must be able to take call in compliance with hospital/department policy.
- Follows policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to hospital standards of behavior.
- Manages stress appropriately and can make decisions under pressure, handle multiple priorities, manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of others appropriately, work alone, and work in areas that are confined and/or crowded. The minimum requirements of this position require the individual to have good manual dexterity, have hand-eye coordination, work while standing with periods of sitting, lifting, stooping, bending, walking, reaching above shoulders and head, twisting at waist, push/pull (up to 50 lbs.), lift/carry (up to 50 lbs), lift from floor level, waist level to above shoulders/head.
- Attendance is essential to this role.
- Education: Successful completion of Surgical Technologist program or commensurate experience.
- Skills/Abilities: Sterile technique knowledge required. Organizational, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and communication skills, in a detail oriented, customer-focused organization required. Ability to follow verbal instructions; reads and comprehends written instructions required. Basic computer skills are required. Ability to transport non-controlled products/substances is required.
- DOES NOT have to be certified.
- At least 1 year of OR tech experience.
- Surgical Techs will experience in all services except eyes or plastics.
- Strong Ortho and Neuro is a plus
- On Call is 11pm-7am during the weekdays. More techs we have the less call. Currently have 5 days being covered by 3 techs. Goal to have it covered by 4 techs, so 1 per week and every 4th 2 per week.
- Weekend call rotation which falls 1 weekend every 5th to 7th weekend depending on number of techs.
- Salary: Non-Certified $18.72-$24 (8+ years for max) Certified $20.60 - $27.00 (8+ years for max.).
- Sign On: Case by case.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.