Stone Bay, NC US
DUTIES OF THE SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST:
- Provide expert consultation, based on evidence-based peer-reviewed literature, to service members, commands, and medical personnel regarding performance enhancement.
- Train and educate on goal-setting, performance profiling, visualization, performance development, and planning.
- Use biofeedback and neurofeedback for performance enhancement.
- Administer, score, and interpret neurocognitive tests for performance enhancement.
- Perform The Attentional and Interpersonal Style (TAIS) testing.
- In addition to the personal appearance standards given in the basic contract, the sports psychologist shall maintain the personal appearance standards given in this paragraph. Uniform shall consist of a collared Polo-like shirt with Khaki-like pants, and footwear/outerwear appropriate for the work location.
- A doctoral degree in a field of Psychology with a coursework and dissertation in Sport and/or Performance Psychology.
- The contractor shall have a minimum of five years within the past ten years of experience in sports and/or performance psychology.
- The contractor shall be capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20 kilograms.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support certification.
- Computer skill competency test required.
- U.S. Citizen (required for access to Government computer systems).
- Ability to be granted a Secret Security clearance.
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance offsets the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability