Taylor, TX 76574 US
Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse in Taylor, Texas, to provide medical care at a facility that houses individuals detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Nurses are the largest group of health care providers within IHSC staffed facilities, providing care 24 hours per day. As part of a comprehensive primary care team (nurses, medical providers, dental providers, behavioral health providers, administrative staff), Registered Nurses in IHSC practice in a collaborative environment providing ambulatory, emergency, mental health, and infirmary care. IHSC operates 24/7/365;this position is required to respond during an emergency activation. This position requires availability to work day, evening and night shifts;availability during weekends and holidays is also required. On-call availability is not required for this position.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE:
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and/or competencies.
- Performs sick call, assessing and treating acute problems using nursing protocols and referring patients to an advanced practice provider, physician, behavioral health provider, and/or dentist as appropriate.
- Performs physical examinations using established tools for gathering subjective and objective data, referring patients to a medical provider, dental provider, and/or behavioral health provers as appropriate.
- Provides clinical supervision to Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurses and unlicensed assistive personnel, as assigned.
- Administers medications as ordered. Medications may be given via the oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous, topical, ophthalmic, and other enteral and parenteral routes.
- Performs prescreening and intake screening of patients newly arrived at the facility. Uses established intake tools for gathering subjective and objective data, referring abnormal findings or responses to a medical provider, dental provider, and/or behavioral health provers as appropriate.
- Performs various treatments such as wound care, vital sign checks, electrocardiograms, etc. As ordered by a medical provider, dental provider, behavioral health provider, or registered nurse.
- Collects laboratory specimens and performs point-of-care testing or prepares specimens for laboratory processing. Takes appropriate action on lab results received.
- Responds to medical emergencies and renders emergency care to stabilize patient and prevent deterioration, and transfers patient to appropriate level of care.
- May be required to participate in involuntary, court-ordered care.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Graduate from an associate, baccalaureate, or graduate nursing program for Registered Nurses located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. Territory accredited by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Minimum one year of professional experience as a licensed registered nurse in a hospital, medical office or residential setting.
- Experience in a detention/correctional healthcare setting preferred.
REQURED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Current, full and unrestricted license as Registered Nurse in the state in which the duty station is located, or a compact state that allows practice in the state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to license must be reported to employer immediately.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the American Heart Association .
- Certified Correctional Health Professional, Certified Correctional Health Professional Registered Nurse, or Certified Corrections Nurse credential preferred, not requied.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care to federal agencies. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over 500 healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of our nation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability