Registered Nurse Case Manager - WII
Jacksonville, NC US
Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager to work the Case Management/Utilization Management Division at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, North Carolina, to provide care to family members of Active Duty heroes in the Wounded, Ill, and Injured Warriors (WII) under the Psychological Health Transition to Care Initiative. Full-time, 40 hrs/wk, Mon - Sat between 6AM - 6PM.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE CASE MANAGER (RN):
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Participate in all phases of the Case Management Program (CMP) and ensure that the CMP meets established case management (CM) standards of care.
- Provide nursing expertise about the CM process, including assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring. Identify opportunities for CM and identify and integrate local CM processes.
- Develop and implement local strategies using inpatient, outpatient, onsite and telephonic CM
- Develop and implement tools to support case management, such as those used for patient identification and patient assessment, clinical practice guidelines, algorithms, CM software, and databases for community resources.
- Integrate CM and utilization management (UM) and integrating nursing case management with social work case management.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate community agencies and organizations.
- Accurately collect and document patient care data.
- Develop treatment plans including preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, psychosocial, and clinical interventions to ensure continuity of care toward the goal of optimal wellness.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
- RN CM may be required to perform other duties common to the Case Management/Utilization Management Division as assigned by administration.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE CASE MANAGER (RN):
- Degree: Associates Degree of Nursing.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Certification: Possess one of the following certifications:
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S).
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- Possess a minimum of 2 years full-time experience within the last 3 years as a registered nurse providing case management and obtain one of the eight certifications, above, within 24 months of hire.
- Possess a Master' s Degree in Nurse Case Management and obtain one of the eight certifications above within 24 months of hire.
- if the RN does not possess one of the eight case management certifications above, they may also qualify if they possess a minimum of 3 years of full-time experience within the last 5 years as a registered nurse providing clinical care.
- One year of experience in nursing after graduation.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required in the TO.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability