Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health
Jacksonville, NC US
Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Health Clinics at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NC. The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide services in any of the Behavioral Health Clinics (or sub-clinics), Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation Program (SARP), Deployment Wellness Clinic, or the clinic at Marine Air Station New River. Full-time, 40 hrs/wk, Mon - Fri between 7AM - 5PM.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient release.
- Perform assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiological, psychological, and cognitive status.
- Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in patient s medical record in no less than 24 hours after the patient is seen.
- Not exceed approximately 16 sessions per day to include individual and group appointments.
- Participate in group medical appointments including Shared Medical Appointments (SMA) and Drop in Group Medical Appointments (DIGMA) as requested by the PCM.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate from a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing program.
- Possess one year of experience within the last four years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition or difficulty coping with medical problems.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability