Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health
Jacksonville, NC US
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE ( RN ) - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH:
- Perform a full range of RN duties in accordance with assignment to Behavioral Health Clinic, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; use of patient monitoring and treatment equipment; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Provide professional nursing care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
- Assess each patient and perform triage duties as assigned.
- Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Perform assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiological, psychological, and cognitive status.
- Evaluate effectiveness of self-care given by all health team members, and contribution of systems, environment, and instrumentation in progressing patient toward outcomes.
- Identify patient/significant other learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet identified needs.
- Assist in planning, provide clinical direction and provide instruction to LPNs/LVNs, Nursing Assistants, and Ancillary personnel.
- Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in patient s medical record in no less than 24 hours after the patient is seen
- Participate in group medical appointments including Shared Medical Appointments (SMA) and Drop in Group Medical Appointments (DIGMA) as requested by the PCM.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH:
- Possess a minimum of one-year experience within the last three years as a Registered Nurse in an ambulatory care setting.
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate of a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing educational program.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license (any state or U.S. Territory) to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
- Competitive salary
- 17 days paid vacation/sick leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) savings plan
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability