Registered Nurse (RN) New Graduate Residency Program
Augusta, GA 30909 US
Job Responsibilities of the New Graduate Residency Program RN:
- This is a 10 14-week PAID program starting Monday: February 2022 featuring didactic and clinical training, as well as a 1: 1 Preceptorship. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program, then transition to staff roles at the facility.
- Part 1: Training First 5 to 7 Weeks.
- Instructor-led classroom training.
- Paid training all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates.
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs.
- Self-directed / on-line learning.
- Several Certifications obtained.
- Meditech Training and Validation.
- Schedule: typically, Monday-Friday, 40-hour work week (8hr days).
- Part 2: Clinical Preceptorship Next 5 to 7 Weeks
- Conducted at the hospital.
- Paid training all externally hired nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates during preceptorship (union facilities may differ).
- You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role.
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor, and their director.
- Schedule: 3 12 Hour shifts on the unit that selected you.
- Part 3: Residency Program Remainder of your 1st year.
- Upon successful completion of the program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital.
- Nurse Residents continue monthly professional development through routine interactions with a mentor.
- Attend a monthly residency seminar.
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project.
- Attend 1 year graduation.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital.
- Opportunities are available across the system in a variety of units, with the vast majority being in Medical/Surgical/Telemetry units. While we understand that you may be interested in a specific unit, however we cannot always guarantee that request. We appreciate your flexibility in this, and hope that you understand that this is just the first step in long and rewarding nursing career, in which you will have many opportunities.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School - within past 1 year is preferred; Bachelor' s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- An active State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) license to start the program.
- No current or prior experience working as an acute care hospital RN.
- Flexibility to workday or night shift (unit needs vary).
- Attendance is imperative and 100% mandatory throughout the initial Training Program.
- When did you graduate nursing school? What school? And what degree level did you obtain (ADN, BSN...)?
- Do you already have your RN license in the state of Florida? If yes, when did you receive it? If no, when do you take the NCLEX?
- Why are you interested in working at this facility?
- Have you ever applied to or been employed by any HCA facility? Have you ever interviewed with HCA? If so, when?
- Do you have any experience working in healthcare, outside of schooling? (Roles such as: RN, LPN, CNA, RT, Surg Tech etc.). (Note: prior experience is NOT required for this program!)
- All learners who successfully complete the Program will transition into an available RN position at the hospital with a two-year commitment. Are you able to agree to these terms?
- If selected for the program, are you willing and able to be flexible regarding unit and shift placement? Do you have a unit and/or shift preference?
- Career development is a big part of our culture. Where do you see yourself growing as your RN career progresses? How can the Residency Program get you there?
- If you would like to record a brief conclusion - you may do so.
- Salary Range: $26.38 minimum (ICU Areas are Higher $29.02)
- Sign On: Up to $5K.
- Relocation: $2.5K - $5K depending on distance.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.