Registered Nurse (RN) New Graduate Program
Largo, FL 33770 US
Job Responsibilities of the New Graduate Program RN:
- The Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support, and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in healthcare hospitals.
- It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
- The Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today s hospital environment.
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a pro rated portion of the educational costs should they break that commitment.
- Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1st year):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing.
- Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development.
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation.
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills.
- Inpatient Rehab units.
- Recent graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 12-months.
- No more than 6 months of RN experience ideally less than 2 months of hospital and no more than 6 months of nursing home/home health.
- Current FL RN license required prior to program start or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Previous medical or service industry experience highly desired, but not required.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required.
- Open to considering candidates from non-acute care settings.
- Non-Specialty areas are more in need for residency candidates.
- Salary: Med surge & PCU $25.88 ICU $26.86 Specialty $28.47.
- Shift Differentials: $4.50 Nights - $1.50 Weekends.
- Sign On: $10k 2 years Commitment $15k 3 years.
- Relocation: Case by case for Out of State Candidates.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.