Registered Nurse (RN) Labor & Delivery (L&D)
San Diego, CA 92134 US
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - L&D:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform monitoring of 500 to 950 triage patients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, spontaneous rupture of membrane check, labor check, prolonged monitoring, rule out pre-term labor, decreased fetal movement, and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
- Perform monitoring of 210 inpatients per month, including continuous fetal monitoring, vital signs and assessment q15-60min and labor checks/cervical exams.
- Provide management of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension patients.
- Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, Magnesium Sulfate, antibiotics and insulin).
- Perform lab draws.
- Provide pain management (monitor patient status on continuous laboring epidurals, intravenous narcotics, and emotional support).
- Assist the provider with inductions (cervical ripening, artificial rupture of membranes, Pitocin).
- Perform vaginal delivery procedures (pushing, delivery, recovery).
- Assist the provider with operative vaginal delivery procedures (vacuum, forceps).
- Perform pre-op for c-sections (shave-prep, foley, intravenous bolus, emotional support).
- Perform procedures for transition of normal newborn (NRP as needed, bath, shots, assessment, breastfeeding assistance).
- Provide stabilization for transport of high-risk patients. (Magnesium Sulfate, dexamethasone, antibiotics, emotional support)
- Provide patient/family teaching.
- Support C-section deliveries as circulating nurse in the OR.
- Provide post anesthesia care for patients who have received epidural, spinal or general anesthesia.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess a minimum of three years of experience in the past four years in a Labor and Delivery Unit
- Possess current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification.
- Documentation of Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring training.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
Competitive pay, over $130, 000 per year!
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability