Registered Nurse (RN) Health Educator
San Diego, CA 92134 US
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - HEALTH EDUCATOR:
- Perform primarily clinical duties.
- Liaise with the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED - Navy Headquarters) and the Navy & Marine Corps Public Health Center with regards to the outcomes and measures of the program.
- Review Health Enrollment Assessment Review (HEAR) reports and Primary Care Manager (PCM) reports for high risk and frequent users of health care. Contact these patients to schedule education opportunities in a classroom format, in one (1) on one (1) appointments, or through other appropriate means.
- Review HEAR Reports and PCM reports for delinquent preventive services, contact the patient, and schedule an appointment for the clinical preventive service. Ensure that all enrollees receive their clinical preventive services at recommended age intervals.
- Use the Put Prevention into Practice (PPIP) Flow Sheet DD2766 medical records form for documenting clinical preventive services.
- Provide health promotion and education opportunities including, but not limited to, tobacco awareness; tobacco cessation classes or appointments consistent with the MTF tobacco cessation program; and nutrition education and weight management.
- Perform limited administrative duties, which include maintaining statistical records of workload and data entry and analysis of patient outcomes.
- Successfully complete the Navy and Marine Corps Public Health (NMCPH) Center Health Promotion training to include Health Promotion and Wellness Course and Patient Centered Prevention Counseling. By the end of this course, the HCWs must verbalize understanding of Department of the Navy (DON) Health Promotion and Wellness campaign based on National Prevention Strategy as well as the 21st Century Sailor and Marine initiative.
- Plan and implement professional training to clinic staff members, medical providers, and other groups on a quarterly basis and as requested.
- Develop partnership with and participate in community wide health initiatives, which are consistent with DOD goals and impact beneficiaries of the MT
- Assess each patient and perform triage duties as assigned.
- Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient release.
- Identify patient/significant other learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet identified needs.
- Perform documentation (manually and/or by use of computer) duties on unit and in-patient record that are timely, accurate, and concise.
- Practice effective problem identification and resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
- If directed, perform phone triage based on accepted protocols and assist as needed in accessing appropriate ambulatory/emergency care for beneficiaries.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
- Possess a Master s degree in Nursing, Health Promotion, Education, Community/Public Health or Wellness, or a Health Science related field from an accredited university.
- Possess at least two (2) years of full-time experience as a health educator within the last four (4) years working with Health Promotions and Wellness campaigns aligned with the U.S. Surgeon General' s National Prevention Strategy.
- Maintain current certification in one of the following: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart Association or American Red Cross Healthcare Provider Course. Web-based classes do not meet these standards.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
10 PTO days and 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long term/short term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.