Registered Nurse (RN) Director Surgical Services
Plantation, FL 33324 US
Job Responsibilities of the Director Surgical Services RN:
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding.
- Identifies and mentor potential future leaders.
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy.
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting.
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes, and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Practicing and adhering to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement .
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree required.
- Master' s degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred.
- Salary: $130K - $155K based on experience.
- 15% bonus plan potential, with 150 upside, making it where they can earn up to 22.5% bonus potential, based off base pay & total performance of hospital. Paid out annually.
- Sign On: $10K.
- Relocation: Case by case.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.