Registered Nurse (RN) Director Emergency Services
New Orleans, LA 70112 US
Job Responsibilities of the Director Emergency Services RN:
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for department s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes, and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic external networks.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Practicing and adhering to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement .
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in nursing required.
- Master' s degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred.
- Salary: $120K - $130K
- Up to a 15-23% Incentive based on performance.
- Sign on: $10K
- Relocation: $10K
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.