Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Specialist Catheterization Lab
Aurora, CO 80012 US
Job Responsibilities of the Cardiovascular Specialist Cath Lab RN:
- You will assume responsibility for the routine care and maintenance of radiological equipment, in addition, assumes responsibility for quality patient care, maintenance of required cath lab competencies and assistance in all aspects of invasive, or non-invasive cardiac procedures.
- Your role will be able to explain all procedures to patients to help alleviate anxiety.
- You will have the ability to work within a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities, as well as you must be willing to assume on call assignments and return to facility within 30 minutes for emergency cases.
- Your role will have the ability to handle emergency situations during high-risk procedures and you must be willing to provide discretion and confidentiality in word and action.
- You will interact with physicians during routine procedures, during emergencies and to assist with interpretation of and recording of data collected.
- Your role gives primary and critical patient care and administers necessary medications per doctor s orders, per physician s extender, while patient is in the lab.
- You will manage and communicate regarding pre-procedure patient preparation, as well as about post procedure processes including recovery and outpatient appointments, discharge information regarding medication, lifestyle, activities, and care of the surgical site.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing - Associate Degree/Diploma (BSN preferred) & accredited RTR and/or RCIS training program.
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse License with current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- 2-3 years of experience in a specialty unit (Critical Care, ED, PACU, or Radiology) preferred.
- Proficiency in cardiology nursing procedures and skills, including cardiac dysrhythmia interpretation preferred.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, hemodynamic, and rhythm interpretation preferred.
- Salary Range: $32.62 - $50 (20+ years) based on years of experience.
- Sign On: $15K for experienced RNs
- Relocation: Case by case.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.