Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Operating Room
Plantation, FL 33324 US
Job Responsibilities of the CVOR RN:
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the surgical patient.
- The Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for the planning, directing, and provision of nursing care to patients (adult to geriatrics) in accordance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, established standards, and administrative policies.
- Demonstrate awareness or opportunities for performance improvement in unit activities and assists with the development of action plans
- Performs specific nursing actions in a logical sequence. Anticipates needs of the surgical team Appropriately utilizes professional and ancillary personnel Uses critical thinking and sound judgment Responds to potential /actual emergency situations
- Review patient s records for pertinent info. Verifies accuracy of consents Verifies H&P &/or consultation Reviews and reports abnormal data
- Provides privacy by maintaining confidentiality Identifies spiritual and ethical beliefs
- Comforts patient prior to induction through quiet relaxed atmosphere Explains sequence of events Informs patient of any delay, ensures notification of family members
- Knows physiological consequences of positioning and individual patient limitations Maintains patient dignity Applies principle of body alignment and adapts them to varying situations during positioning Pads pressure points as needed Monitors patient area under contact pressure.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Minimum of one (1) year of Operating Room experience required
- Associate (2 years) Degree (ASN) required
- Bachelor (4 years) Degree (BSN) preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, and team members
- Must have recent acute care experience.
- Salary Range: $31.98 - $47.96 based on experience.
- Sign On: Case by case up to $20K.
- Relocation: Case by case.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.