Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Operating Room
Margate, FL 33063 US
Job Responsibilities of the CVOR RN:
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Fl Rn License, or Recognized Compact License (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- 2-3 years of recent acute care experience working in Cardiovascular Operating Room
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- CNOR preferred
- 2-year Associate Degree/Diploma.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Salary Range: $31.98 - $47.96 based on experience.
- Sign On: Case by case up to $20K.
- Relocation: Case by case.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.