Registered Nurse (RN) - Orthopedics
Portsmouth, VA US
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - ORTHOPEDICS:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage;patient assessment and monitoring;appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments;execution of physicians orders;documentation of patient care and observations;and patient education and emotional support.
- The RN shall receive and evaluate telephone consults determining the need for immediate or sub-acute evaluation.
- The RN shall provide pre-operative instruction to patients.
- The RN shall provide assistance in procedures not involving conscious sedation (i.E. IV access, blood draws, patient management/antibiotic administration).
- The RN shall provide post-operative evaluations/care, including wound care.
- The RN shall coordinate continuity of care with social services when needed.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher.
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate of a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing educational program.
- Possess a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse providing direct care in an outpatient acute care (hospital based) or ambulatory care setting within the last 2 years.
- Possess a minimum of one year of experience within the last three years as a registered nurse in an orthopedic or surgical setting.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems).
- BLS is required.
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability