Registered Nurse (RN) - OBGYN
Jacksonville, NC US
Currently recruiting a OBGYN Registered Nurse (RN) at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, in Jacksonville, North Carolina, to provide care to Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees. The Registere Nurse (RN) - OBGYN will work in the OB/GYN Clinic, and may also be assigned to New River Branch Medical Clinic. The Registered Nurse (RN) - OBGYN position is full-time, 40 hrs/week, Mon - Fri, between the hours of 0730 - 1900.
DUTIES OF THE OBGYN REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - OBGYN:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Use and interpret information from fetal/uterine monitoring equipment, to include, doptone and non-stress tests.
- Prepare, coordinate and present formal prenatal enrollment educational sessions.
- Prepare, coordinate and present formal evening childbirth educational classes.
- Participate in patient counseling and reporting of GYN diseases.
- Participate in pap/dysplasia tracking process, to include phone and written contact with patients.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - OB/GYN:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate of a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing educational program.
- Possess a minimum of 1-year experience in obstetrical nursing within the last 3 years.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability