Registered Nurse (RN) - Hematology/Oncology
San Diego, CA US
Registered Nurse (RN) - HemOnc to work in the Hematology/Oncology and Medical/Surgical Inpatient Units at Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, California, providing care to Active Duty heroes, their family members, and retirees. Registered Nurse (RN) - HemOnc will work full-time 80 hrs per 2-week period, six 12.5 hour shifts and one 8.5 hr shift, Sunday through Saturday, rotating between day shift and night shift. Required to work holidays.
- Provide nursing care to chronically ill cancer patients in the Hematology - Oncology Clinic.
- Assist in providing on site diagnostic and therepeutic care.
- Provide chemotherapy administration, transfusion services and other infusion needs for adult outpetients in the Ambulatory Infusion Center.
- Provide or assist in bone marrow biopsy and aspirate, intrathecal chemotherapy.
- Support comprehensive cancer education programs for patients and families.
- Support clinical research for patients participating in cancer clinial trials.
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY:
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience within the last two years working in patient hematology/oncology services.
- Possess and maintain current Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card.
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability