Registered Nurse (RN) - General Surgery (Coverage)
Portsmouth, VA 23708 US
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - GENERAL SURGERY UNIT:
- Provide direct patient care and facilitate an interdisciplinary team concept.
- Assure that comprehensive plans of care are implemented based on individualized application of the nursing process, including early identification of patients emotional and discharge planning needs.
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds and collaborate with team members to ensure patient s needs are addressed across the continuum of care, and that the plan of care is revised based on the patients response to care regimen delivered.
- Identify and respond quickly and appropriately to changes in patients conditions. Assume leadership role as needed in emergency situations, delegate and technically direct others in a calm and effective manner.
- Ensure proper use of equipment in the care of patients. Identify equipment malfunctions and report to supervisors.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide easily understood instruction. Obtain feedback to determine level of understanding. Encourage and promote two-way communications with colleagues and patients.
- Ensure that established documentation protocols are followed.
- Accept patients as assigned.
- Provide wound management, nutritional guidance, and psychological support to patients and families.
- Assume leadership role in emergent situations, as required, delegate and technically direct others in a calm and effective manner.
- Teach in a manner that is easily understood and appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Provide emotional support and appropriate crisis intervention to patients and families.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - GENERAL SURGERY UNIT:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate from a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing program.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year experience as an Inpatient RN within the last two years.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience within the last two (2) years as an RN working in an inpatient medical surgical nursing unit setting or in an ICU setting.
- Possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active-duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability