Registered Nurse (RN) - ER (Coverage) F-T
Jacksonville, NC US
Recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (Coverage) to work in the Emergency Department at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NC, to provide care to Active Duty heroes, their family members, and retirees. Registered Nurse (RN) - ER will work full-time, 80 hr/two weeks, Sun - Sat. 12.5 hr or 8.5 hr shifts (30 min uncompensated meal break), between 00: 00 - 12: 00 or 12: 00 - 24: 00 hrs. The Registered Nurse (RN) - ER will normally work six 12.5 hr shifts and one 8 hr shift per two week period. The Registered Nurse - ER are coverage positions. (There are also part-time and PRN ER RN positions. Please apply under separate job announcement.)
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - EMERGENCY ROOM:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Provide professional nursing care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Assess each patient and perform triage duties as assigned.
- Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient release.
- Perform assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiological, psychological, and cognitive status.
- Provide a safe and clean environment for each patient.
- Identify patient/significant other learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet identified needs.
- Assist in planning, provide clinical direction and provide instruction to LPNs/LVNs, nursing assistants and ancillary personnel.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate from a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing program.
- Possess a minimum of one year Emergency Department experience in the last three years or at least two years of full-time experience in the last three years in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Possess and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Possess and maintain Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification.
- Prior to commencing service, Contractor nurses shall attend a 2-hour lecture on IV certification. Contract nurses shall then obtain certifications (e.G., IV, medications and blood administration) not later than 60 days after commencement of services, including observation of three completed IV sticks
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability