Registered Dental Hygienist
Ft Worth, TX US
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DENTAL HYGIENIST:
- Associates Degree or Bachelor s Degree, depending on the program.
- Education: Successful completion of a dental hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Certification: Certified in radiography as required by 42 CFR Part75.
- Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
- Show current competency (i.E. Within 2 years) as a dental hygienist.
- License: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a Dental Hygienist.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems).
- Inspect head and neck, examine mouth, throat and pharynx for evidence of disease such as oral cancer and/or soft tissue pathosis.
- Expose, develop and interpret radiographs to identify tooth structure, periodontal support and other abnormalities such as periodontal bone loss, periapical pathosis, caries, defective restorations, improper tooth contours and contact relationships.
- Refer suspected medical conditions, hard and soft tissue abnormalities, caries, periapical and periodontal pathosis and traumatic or suspicious lesions to the dental officer for evaluation.
- Obtain blood pressure on patients presenting for treatment.
- Perform subgingival scaling, root planning and curettage under local anesthesia administered by a dental officer and perform topical fluoride applications.
- Plan and adapt oral home care techniques to the specific need of the individual patient.
- Monitor, provide technical direction and assist in training dental technicians involved in direct patient care to perform scaling, prophylaxes, polishing procedures, fluoride applications and oral home care instructions. This may include preparing and presenting scheduled lectures to staff.
- Maintain a record of patient treatment and number of patients treated.
- Record oral condition of teeth and supporting tissues, type of therapy provided and progress notes.
- Clean and maintain instruments and ensure their sterility.
- Treat acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis.
- Assist in Oral Diagnosis Sick call to include exposing and developing periapical, bitewing and panoral radiographs.
- Clean and maintain the work area to meet the clinic's standards, and may be assigned other duties as directed by the Commanding Officer, consistent with the normal duties of a dental hygienist.
- Administration of local anesthesia (infiltration and block anesthesia) is not a required qualification;however, if the appropriate background training and credentials exist, clinical privileges may be granted.
- Competitive starting salary
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit offsets health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability