Stone Bay, NC US
DUTIES OF THE PSYCHOMETRIST:
- Perform assigned assessment procedures under the direct supervision of a credentialed privileged psychologist or neuropsychologist.
- Utilize therapeutic assessment and interview skills to elicit accurate and concise account of the patient' s condition.
- Screen patients to determine presenting problems and priority of appointment. Perform basic assessment procedures, including initial screening evaluation and standardized neuropsychological testing. Assist credentialed providers with identifying mental health diagnosis and treatment strategies, as well as providing patient education.
- Assist in providing specialized treatment and rehabilitation of brain injured and mental health patients. Observe, monitor, report, and record patient interaction during assessment sessions.
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injuries due to suicide, homicide, or elopement.
- Coordinate with other military agencies and MTFs regarding specialized care, treatment, and administrative functions. Contact military or community agencies to obtain collateral information.
- Explain and interpret neuropsychological services and procedures to access care to patients and commands. Assist in or arrange for patient referral to other facilities for alternate level of care.
- Degree: Bachelor' s Degree.
- Education: Graduate from a formal program in Psychology, Sociology, or in a behavioral science related field from an accredited college or university.
- Certification: Certified by Board of Certified Psychometrists (BCP).
- Experience: One year of full-time experience during the preceding three (3) years in the performance of psychological and/or neuropsychological testing and test scoring.
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance offsets the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability