Physician Assistant - Orthopedics
Joint Base Andrews, MD 20735 US
Currently recruiting a Physician Assistant - Orthopedics to provide care to active duty military members and their families at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. The Physician Assistant - Orthopedics is a full-time position, 80 hours per two weeks, schedule can vary. Full benefits, including 17 days paid vacation/sick leave and 11 paid Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE PHYSICAN ASSISTANT - ORTHOPEDICS:
- Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
- Provides services by collecting data required for diagnosis and performing procedures and services.
- Obtains and evaluates medical histories, performs physical examinations, performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, and orders laboratory studies, radiographs, electrocardiograms, and other special examinations.
- Collects specimens for pathologic examination. Analyzes and interprets data, formulates problem lists, and establishes plans for solution of clinical problems.
- Counsel' s patients on medical problems, use of drugs, expected effects of treatment, family planning, child care, diet, and other therapeutic health maintenance matters.
- Makes entries in patient' s permanent medical records.
- In emergency situations, administers lifesaving procedures and medications pending availability of physician.
- Procedures include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, treatment of life endangering traumatic injuries, defibrillation, insertion of endotracheal tubes, and administration of whole blood, oxygen, and other emergency medications.
- Coordinates patient care. Coordinates patient care with other members of health care team.
- Initiates consultation requests to other health professionals to provide more comprehensive patient management.
- Accomplishes narrative summaries and other documentation.
- Instructs other personnel assigned to health care team on preventive medicine programs and other appropriate medical activities and functions as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PHYSICAN ASSISTANT - ORTHOPEDICS:
- Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician.
- Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC- PA), or its predecessors, and acceptable to the Surgeon General, USAF, is mandatory.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required.
- Experience: Have at least 24 months of experience as an Orthopedic Physician Assistant within the last 36 months in the specialty.
- Board Certification: Must be in compliance with Exhibit 5 requirements for a Physician Assistant.
- Licensure/Registration: Must be in compliance with Exhibit 5 requirements for a Physician Assistant.
- US Citizenship required (for access to government computer systems).
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF PHYSICAN ASSISTANT - ORTHOPEDICS:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability