Physical Therapy Assistant
Oceanside, CA 92055 US
Currently recruiting a Physical Therapy Assistant ( PTA ) to work at the Physical Therapy Clinic on Camp Pendleton near Oceanside, California. This is a full-time position providing medical care for Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees. The Physical Therapy Assistant ( PTA ) position is full-time, Monday - Friday, normally between the hours of 6: 00AM - 6: 30PM, and Saturday from 7: 00AM to 3: 30PM with full benefits and including 17 days of paid vacation & sick leave, plus 10 paid federal holidays. The PTA will work no more than 80 hours every two weeks.
DUTIES OF THE PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (PTA):
- Provide a full range of physical therapy assistant services, including the services given below, as directed by the supervising physical therapist.
- Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the head physical therapist. Under supervision, administer such treatment as exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs and traction. Instruct patients on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities, such as preambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities.
- Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, filling out forms, scheduling patients, and staffing the reception area. Maintain department records and files in accordance with facility policies. Perform coding of patient encounters and workload.
- Measure patient' s range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist physical therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- Monitor treatments administered by physical therapy aides.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT
- Possess a minimum of one year experience within the past two years as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Associates Degree.
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapy assistant or possess current certification as a physical therapy assistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability