Travis AFB, CA 94533 US
Currently recruiting a Pharmacy Technician to provide care to active duty military members and their families to work at David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, California. The Pharmacy Technician is a full-time position, 80 hours per two weeks. Coverage is required 24 hours per day. Full benefits, including 17 days paid vacation/sick leave and 11 paid Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN:
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
- Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
- Perform information consultation duties including supporting new and refill prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician s requests, monitoring for drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error and workload reports and documentation.
- Perform supply process duties including placing new orders, stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, producing not in stock reports.
- Perform outpatient and/or inpatient pharmacy technician duties including, but not limited to, entering orders into electronic health records, compound intravenous medication orders, compound Chemo therapeutic intravenous medications, answering phones, conduct daily narcotic inventory.
- Perform ward and or clinic inspections, maintain pharmacy automation systems, and deliver Pyxis and patient orders to wards and clinics.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN:
- Certificate. Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.E., technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military.
- One year of experience as a pharmacy technician after graduation. A minimum of 12 months of full-time experience within the last 36 months as a pharmacy technician.
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Healthcare Association.
- Each healthcare worker shall possess and maintain current certification in either the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability