Fallon, NV US
DUTIES OF THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN:
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
- Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
- Perform information consultation duties including supporting new and refill prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician s requests, monitoring for drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error and workload reports and documentation.
- Perform supply process duties including assisting with new orders, stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, producing stock reports.
- Utilize pharmacy computer and robotic systems in accordance with hospital protocols.
- Prepare inpatient medications including compound sterile preparations.
- Possess and maintain a current certification and registration by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Be a graduate from a Pharmacy Technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), OR successful completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program (i.E., a technical, hospital, or retail-based program) OR a formal pharmacy technician training program of the US military.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience after graduation as a Pharmacy Technician.
- U.S. Citizen (required to access Gov't computer systems
- Current CPR/BLS
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.