Pharmacist - Night
Jacksonville, NC US
Pharmacist - Inpatient Night Pharmacy working at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NC, to provide services military Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees. The Pharmacist - Inpatient Nights is a full-time, 80 hrs/2 weeks, 12.5 hr shifts (including 30 minute uncompensated meal period) Sun - Sat, holidays, between 7PM - 8AM. The Pharmacist - Inpatient Nights will share coverage shifts with two other night pharmacists.
DUTIES OF THE PHARMACIST - INPATIENT NIGHTS:
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
- Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
- Counsel patients regarding appropriate use of medications.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items.
- Compound medications as required.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
- Provide medication information to the clinical staff as required.
- Provide clinical direction of corpsmen and pharmacy technicians.
- Maintain inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy security.
- Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy interactions with prescribers.
- Execute drug utilization reviews (DURs) as deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PHARMACIST:
- Have a bachelor s degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Possess current, valid, unrestricted license to practice Pharmacy in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must possess minimum 12 months of full-time inpatient pharmacy experience within the last 18 months.
- Have working knowledge of pharmacy computer systems such as AHLTA.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability