Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN)
Jacksonville, NC US
Currently recruiting a Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) in Jacksonville, North Carolina, to provide care to family members of Active Duty heroes and retirees at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune. Full-time, 40 hrs/wk, Sun - Sat between 7: 30AM - 6PM. Pediatric Registered Nurse may rotate or be assigned to other clinics under Pediatric Department, including Labor & Delivery, Level II Nursery, Postpartum Mother-Baby Unit, and the Multi-Service Ward.
DUTIES OF THE PEDIATRIC REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PEDIATRIC REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate from a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing program.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time clinical experience within the last 3 years as a Registered Nurse in an ambulatory care setting.
- Possess and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability