Joint Base Andrews, MD 20735 US
Currently recruiting a Paramedic to provide care to active duty military members and their families at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. The Paramedic is a full-time position, 80 hours per two weeks, schedule can vary. Full benefits, including 17 days paid vacation/sick leave and 11 paid Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE PARAMEDIC:
- The contractor shall support treatment to the ECC, ambulance emergency response, in-flight emergency response, non-in-flight emergency response, transfer and transport services for active duty military personnel, their dependents, retirees, their dependents and other eligible beneficiaries, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement. The Paramedic will be required to assist with patient care within the ECC when not performing emergency response or transport services. Paramedic shall cover the range of services provided in a civilian medical treatment facility. Paramedic shall provide the following, but not limited to:
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and disposing of medical documentation.
- Performs a full range of emergency room support and ambulance services on site at the MGMCSC and in the field when performing ambulance emergency or in-flight response, transfer, or transport services. Provides emergency hospital and pre-hospital care for all types of patients (all ages).
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for patients of all ages. Workload includes the evaluation and treatment of emergent, urgent, and non-emergent patients ranging from infants to elderly.
- Assisted by medical technicians, the contractor s personnel will be fully integrated into the nursing team, responsible for direct patient care.
- Recognize medical emergencies and responds appropriately.
- The EMT-P will be required to assist with patient care within the ECC when not performing emergency response or transport services.
- Initiates CPR as needed. Assists emergency personnel in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
- Participates in in-services and continuing education programs.
- Must comply with licensing requirements of the State and local motor vehicle laws and shall be certified, by the Contractor and at the Contractor s expense, as being fully qualified to operate the vehicles/equipment to which they are assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PARAMEDIC:
- Degree/Education: Graduation from an accredited EMT-paramedic (EMT-P) certification program.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS).
- One (1) year of full-time experience within the last three (3) years as a paramedic.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology;emergency medical treatment to include CPR;aseptic and surgical technique;infection control, communicable diseases;medical ethics and legal aspects;operation and maintenance of therapeutic equipment;medical terminology;transportation of the sick and injured.
- Knowledge of current hospital and pre-hospital protocols in order to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care of patients in hospital and pre-hospital settings.
- Knowledge and skill in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and advanced lifesaving measured used to initiate resuscitation measures when necessary and assist unit in providing support measure.
- Board Certification: N/A
- Licensure/Registration: A current, valid paramedic license and certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
- US Citizenship required (for access to government computer systems).
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF PARAMEDIC:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability