Operating Room Technician
Cherry Point, NC 28532 US
* The operating room technician may be temporarily assigned to work at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune after sufficient advance notice and with mutual consent of the Gov' t and contract employee.
DUTIES OF THE OPERATING ROOM TECHNICIAN:
- Perform the full spectrum of sterile techniques, setting up surgical trays, preparing and draping patients for surgery, pass instruments to surgeon and/or surgical assistants .
- Assist circulating nurse to prepare patients for surgery and assists in preparation of patient s operative site; assist the anesthesiologist; adjust lights and other equipment as directed; verify proper identification of patients and scheduled surgical procedure
- Count (with the circulating nurse) sponges, needles and instruments used during surgery and assist in clean-up of operating room using standard MTF policies.
- Prepare operative specimens as directed, label and deliver them to the laboratory and move equipment to and from operating rooms as necessary for scheduled procedures.
- Ensure surgical packs are cleaned and packed for sterilization after every procedure, to include restocking surgical supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment for the patient either by active participation in the cleaning of clinical spaces, operating rooms, and medical equipment, or by guiding other personnel in the environmental maintenance.
- Provide sterile supply service; provide pick-up and delivery for Central Sterile Supply (CSS) to activities within the medical facility.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE OPERATING ROOM TECHNICIAN:
- Possess a minimum of one year experience within the past three years as a Surgical Technician performing duties similar to those required by the task order
- Graduate from Surgical Technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or completion of a formal training program provided by any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room technicians.
- Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or certified as a Tech-in-Surgery (TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or possess a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) certification as a surgical technician and/or operating room technician.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability