Jacksonville, FL 32216 US
Job Responsibilities of the Medical Technologist:
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing by analyzing proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor.
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.).
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results.
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required.
- A 4 Year/Bachelor' s Degree in Medical Technology is preferred.
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process.
- Less than 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist.
- Technologist Licensing in one or more clinical specialty areas:
- Blood bank.
- Salary: $24.63 $32.51
- Shift Differentials: Weekend $4.00 After 3: 00 PM - $2.50 After 11: 00 PM Until 7A - $3.50
- Sign on: $5K
- Relocation: Case by case.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.