San Diego, CA US
DUTIES OF THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT:
- Prepare exam rooms prior to patient' s arrival.
- Obtain patient' s medical record following appropriate procedures.
- Check patient' s vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Obtain and document patient' s current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct Standard Form before patient is in the exam room.
- Assist the provider as needed during exams.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered.
- Transport patients to other clinical areas as needed.
- Check each chart for the provider' s signature, stamp, and each patient' s diagnosis prior to returning the chart to Health Records.
- After a physician has verified the medicine and dosage, the HCW shall administer medication to patients.
- Obtain lab and x-ray results.
- Maintain exam room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of exam rooms, to include dusting, cleaning wash basins, etc.
- Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released.
- Answer telephone and transcribe accurate messages.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Perform venipuncture and administer immunizations.
- Be a graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), OR the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists, OR a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces. In addition, the candidate can have graduated from a program approved by the California Certyfing Board for Medical Assistants.
- Successful performance as a Medical Assistant within the preceding six months performing the duties of a medical assistant relevant in a similar clinical setting
- Maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- U.S. Citizenship (required for access to Government computer systems)
- Excellent starting pay
- 17 days paid vacation/sick leave per year!
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes to the cost of health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Dental & vision plans
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability