Mammography (Mammo) Technologist
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234 US
DUTIES OF THE MAMMOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST:
- Independently performs routine and diagnostic mammography exams, breast ultrasoundsand breast ultrasound-guided biopsies, magnetic and radioactive seed placements using mammography or ultrasound guidance, and wire localizations using mammography or
- ultrasound guidance.
- Performs all mammography Quality Control (QC) tests in accordance with the American College of Radiology (ACR) guidelines and adheres to radiation safety procedures in accordance with the MTF policies.
- Possesses a detailed understanding of diseases of the breast, surrounding tissues and other areas to accomplish effective mammography exams.
- Assists Radiologists in scheduling and performing needle localizations, stereotactic biopsies, and woman actograms.
- Confers with Radiologists and physicians from a variety of specialties, as needed tocorrelate relevant diagnosis, history, and requested examinations.
- Reviews medications/medical conditions in accordance with MTF policies, prior to scheduling an appointment, and determines if any special patient preparation is required.
- Discusses procedures with patients at time of scheduling.
- Correctly positions patients for the examinations and make technical adjustments necessary for the required examination.
- Identifies abnormalities during examinations and determines the need for additional views in accordance with MTF procedures.
- Processes digital images and submits appropriate image series to Radiologists for interpretation/reading, in accordance with MTF protocols.
- Documents all procedures and maintain records in accordance with MTF policies.
- Observes and reports any symptoms that have direct bearing on the patient's condition to Radiologists.
- Recognizes the need for, and institutes the necessary emergency measures for, situations in which an individual may require medical attention.
- Performs system calibrations and quality control tasks in accordance with the manufacturer s and MTF policies.
- Recognizes artifacts and equipment errors and notifies designated Government personnel of outlying values.
- Initiates repair call procedures for equipment malfunctions by notifying appropriate personnel.
- Reports problems to the biomedical repair section and records the condition in the trouble call logbook.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE MAMMOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST:
- Graduated from an accredited program or military equivalent program in order to meet the education requirements established for the certification(s) listed below.
- Contract HCWs shall have and maintain a current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification
as a Mammo Technologist.
- Contract HCWs shall have a minimum of two (2) years experience within the last five (5) years providing services as a certified Mammo Technologist and shall also have a minimum of six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years providing services as a breast sonographer.
- Maintain a current Medical Radiological Technologist license. (May be aquired after start date with proof of current application)
- Must be an US citizen for access to government computers.
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days of paid vacation and sick leave per year
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, short- and long-term disability ins.
- Dental & vision plans and 401k program, plus many other benefits.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over 500 healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.