San Diego, CA US
Currently recruiting a Mammography Technologist to work in the Breast Health Center/Mammography Clinic at Naval Medical Center San Diego, California. The Mammography Technologist position is a full-time opening between 6am and 6pm, Mon-Fri, either working 8 or 11 hour shifts providing care to military members, retirees, and their families.
DUTIES OF THE MAMMOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST:
- Perform a full range of mammography technologist duties.
- Perform breast imaging procedures.
- Corroborate patient's clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented in accordance with the department's standards.
- Prepare patient for procedures, providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Select and operate breast imaging equipment and associated devices to achieve desired results.
- Position patient and equipment to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort.
- Immobilize patients as required for appropriate examination, explaining the need for breast compression during mammography.
- Determine radiographic technique and exposure factors.
- Apply principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Evaluate mammograms or other breast images for technical quality, assuring that proper identification is recorded.
- Assume responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of patients during procedures.
- Provide patient education, including breast self-examination techniques.
- Perform daily warm up and quality control checks of the Mammography equipment as per manufacturer's recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE MAMMOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST:
- Graduate from an academic program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- Possess and maintain a current certification and registration as a Radiologic Technologist as determined by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT).
- Possess and maintain a current certification and registration as a Mammography Technologist as determined by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-MAM).
- One year of full-time experience as a Mammography Technologist.
- Maintain current BLS (Healthcare Provider)
- U.S. Citizenship (required for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability