San Diego, CA 92134 US
DUTIES OF THE MRI TECHNOLOGIST:
- Perform a full range of MRI technologist functions and procedures.
- Explain to the patient the procedure to be performed and answer relevant questions.
- Set up patients and perform necessary adjustments and patient position as prescribed by the diagnostic radiologist or senior MRI technologist.
- Perform daily warm up and quality control checks of MRI equipment as per manufacturer or technical representative recommendations.
- Make minor adjustments on equipment. Differentiate artifacts from normal or pathological processes and recognize electronic equipment limitations. Program the examination equipment, set up the machine and scanning techniques to be employed.
- Recognize situations requiring patient resuscitation due to cardiac or respiratory arrest and institute the necessary emergency measures.
- Possess and maintain current certification and registration as a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (MRI) as determined by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- 2 years of MRI scanning experience as an MRI Technologist
- U.S. Citizenship (required for access to Gov't computer systems)
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days of paid vacation and sick leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, short- and long-term disability ins.
- Dental & vision plans