Licensed Practical Nurse
Jacksonville, NC US
Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) to work at the HM3 Wayne Caron Branch Medical Clinic of Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, near Jacksonville, North Carolina. The Licensed Practical Nurse will provide medical care for Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position is full-time, 8 hr shifts, Monday - Friday, between 07: 00 - 15: 30. Full benefits and including 17 days of paid vacation & sick leave, plus paid 10 federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE LPN - HM3 WAYNE CARON BRANCH MEDICAL CLINIC:
- Prepare patient electronic health record and other appropriate forms prior to patient s appointment
- Assist the MCMH team in managing many aspects of patient s care: referrals, hospitalizations, ER visits, ancillary testing and other as directed to achieve optimum outcomes in safe and cost effective manner.
- Develop/distribute lists of community resources available to patients.
- Utilize available automated programs and information technology, communication and management tools for proactive patient management and to facilitate patient engagement and enhance patient experience ((i.E., AHLTA, TSWF, CHCS, CarePoint and Secure Messaging).
- Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging (i.E., RelayHealth) to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
- Establish and maintains a relationship with consulting providers, hospitals, ERs and other frequently utilized healthcare resources to serve as a bridge across the continuum for the patient.
- Coordinate consult/referral/ follow-up/tracking process for the practice
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient s condition before, during, and following the procedure.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time clinical experience within the last 2 years as a LPN/LVN
- Certificate degree or higher.
- Graduate from an accredited community college, junior college, college, university or vocational nursing program approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) educational program, the nurse may be a graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse educational program.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license (any state or U.S. Territory) to practice as an LPN or LVN.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- 17 days paid vacation/sick leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) savings plan
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability