Licensed Practical Nurse
Conroe, TX 77301 US
Currently recruiting a Licensed Practical Nurse in Conroe, Texas, to provide medical care at a facility that houses individuals detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses in IHSC practice in a collaborative environment providing ambulatory, emergency, mental health, and infirmary care. The successful candidate will have at least 1 year of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse. IHSC operates 24/7/365;this position is required to respond during an emergency activation. This position requires availability to work day, evening and night shifts;availability during weekends and holidays is also required. On-call availability is not required for this position.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE:
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and/or competencies.
- Administers medications as ordered. Medications may be given via the oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous, topical, ophthalmic, and other enteral and parenteral routes.
- Performs prescreening and intake screening of patients newly arrived at the facility. Uses established intake tools for gathering subjective and objective data, referring abnormal findings or responses to a registered nurse, medical provider, dental provider, or behavioral health provers as appropriate.
- Performs various treatments such as wound care, vital sign checks, electrocardiograms, etc. As ordered by a medical provider, dental provider, behavioral health provider, or registered nurse.
- Collects laboratory specimens and performs point-of-care testing or prepares specimens for laboratory processing. Takes appropriate action on lab results received.
- Responds to medical emergencies and renders emergency care to stabilize patient and prevent deterioration, and transfers patient to appropriate level of care.
- Assists other health care professionals through the gathering of subjective and objective data, provision of aspects of care, educating patients, etc.
- May be required to participate in involuntary, court-ordered care.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from a Vocational/Practical Nurse program approved by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. Territory.
- Must have a minimum of one-year experience in a hospital, medical office, or outpatient clinical setting.
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting preferred.
- Maintains current, full and unrestricted LVN/LPN license by the state in which the duty station is located, or a compact state that allows practice in the state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to license must be reported to employer immediately.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the American Heart Association .
- Certified Correctional Health Professional or Certified Corrections Nurse credential preferred.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care to federal agencies. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over 500 healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of our nation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability