Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Bethesda, MD 20814 US
Currently recruiting a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) in Bethesda, Maryland to provide care to Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Pain Clinic. Schedule will not exceed 80 hours within a 2-week pay period. Services will be required on Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN/LVN):
- Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members.
- Shall be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Shall be knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients. The Contract LPN/LVN shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (> 65).
- Assess, coordinate, facilitate, deliver and evaluate care for infant to geriatric patients using the nursing process.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults, is desirable.
- The contracted LPN/LVN will be knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate.
- Shall possess knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Must have good grasp of the English language to communicate with patients and other staff.
- Maintain excellent patient assessment skills.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN/LVN):
- Degree/Education: Diploma of LPN or LVN, from and accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Experience: (a) Continuously employed in the practice of LPN for one (1) year prior to start of work at the MTF. (b) Two (2) years of clinic experience and military healthcare system is desirable, and one (1) year of experience in the field of pain or related field. (c) Basic knowledge of Pain and Pain Management patients is helpful.
- Current BLS
- Current, unrestricted license from any of the 50 states and U.S. Territories
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS FOR THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN/LVN):
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 11 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly cover the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability