Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 US
Currently recruiting a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to provide care to active duty military members and their families at Ft. Belvoir, Virginia. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is a full-time position, 80 hours per two weeks, schedule can vary. The normal hours of work are Monday through Friday between the hours of 0600 to 2100; shifts may vary 8, or 10 hour to include day and evenings, excluding Federal Holidays. Full benefits, including 17 days paid vacation/sick leave and 11 paid Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER:
- Provides services individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team to patients who are eligible beneficiaries of the Military Health Care System. Clinical social work services provided by the contract service provider shall be no expense to the military beneficiaries.
- Assess and resolves complex social, economic and psychosocial problem that may impact on service members medical treatment as inpatients, outpatients or while the service members is being evaluated for medical discharge from the service by providing direct services, to include screening to, referral case management, consultation and education.
- Conducts psychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed to facilitate addiction and behavioral health clinical care management and optimize care.
- Prepares documentation to support military duty limitations, to include documentation in support of a Medical Evaluation Board.
- Evaluates the individual and family system as well as patient' s functioning within work, family and routines of daily living and identifies areas needing continued support, resources and treatment order to assist patients.
- Develops, implements, and maintains partnerships with Service members, family members, other health care providers and community resources, as applicable. Develops comprehensive treatment care plans in accordance with behavioral health care standards.
- Coordinates services for those Service members or patients whom move out of the local area to ensure continuity of care. Facilitates transfer of the case to the gaining facilities of behavioral health care case management resources, as appropriate.
- Serves as an advocate for Service members and patients as needed, assists with navigating healthcare systems in obtaining appropriate referrals. Some of these contacts/referrals may include communicating with physicians, nurses, behavioral health professionals, preventing specialist, family members, etc. Other referrals may be acquiring resources and services dealing with financial benefits and housing issues including assisting with completing proper paperwork.
- Educates patients, their families, Directors and health care staff on community resources including information referral for financial, housing, educational, employment and childcare resources as required by patient' s need assessment.
- Maintains complete and accurate records and documents all patient contacts/services provided in accordance with professional standards (AR 40.68 6025.01) as well as DOD, installation and facility directed administrative requirements. Enters patient clinical and administrative data as well as utilization and other data into automated system and/or paper records and create reports from these data in accordance with local policies and procedures, AR 40.68 and MTF guidance, its program and administrators, and /or the behavioral health leadership.
- Responsible for the completion of individual workload accountability in accordance with clinic, medical treatment facility am program requirements.
- Maintain inpatient and outpatient medical records Medical Staff by-Jaws and DoD Manual 6025.13 Medical records will be subject to review by the Medical Care Evaluation Committee, Quality Assurance Committee, and designated representatives of the Director, . Only approved medical abbreviations will be used. Charting will be in compliance with DOD, Manual 6025.13, MTF, or clinic requirements as directed by the providers' immediate supervisors. Responsible for the content and correctness of all prepared and transcribed reports and shall verify the content and correctness of all prepared and transcribed reports by affixing signature and stamp to all copies of the document and validating its contents the same day as documents are provided by the U.S. Government. All evaluations and other records of patients will remain the property of, and subject to the exclusive control of, the U.S. Government.
- May be assigned to other clinics in the DBH FBCH footprint on a temporary basis as needed or for additional on the job training.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER:
- Degree/Education: Clinical Social Workers shall have a Masters or Doctorate Degree from a Council on Social Work. (CSWE) Accredited School, Certification in addiction social work is preferred.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: None
- Experience: Must have a minimum of two years of experience working as a Clinical Social Worker and will have practiced as a Clinical Social Worker within the last two years, preferably in a Government setting such as DOD or Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) facility and providing clinical service to individuals, couples or groups in clinical psychotherapy services. The Contractor shall ensure that the contract service provider has sufficient training experience to effectively provide social work service, including diagnosis and treatment, for service members, family members, and retirees. The Contractor will be trained in the assessment/evaluation and treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder prior to hire. Related experience will not be accepted in lieu of degree or license requirements. Have some basic Substance Abuse experience. Be able to do some basic psychological screenings and/or tests (PCLM, PHQ-9, AUDIT, CAGE, MAST, MADRAS HAM-D, and BDI. Experience in Evidence-based therapies such as CBT, CPT, DBT, PE, MI, EMDR, and REC expected. Must be willing to collect data and do data analysis.
- Licensure/Registration: Must possess a Clinical Social Work license from a U.S. Jurisdiction that allow for the independent practice of Clinical Services, to include diagnosis. The Clinical Social Worker will maintain a professional license, certification and/or registration as required by the profession and appropriate regulatory bodies. This license will be current (not revoked, suspended, or lapsed in registration), valid (the issuing authority accepts and considers Quality Assurance information, i.E. Practitioner professional performance and conduct in determining continued licenses), and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction). The license must be one granted by the recognized licensing agency of a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the Virgin Islands. Contract service providers must meet all credentialing requirements for Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, where they will be providing services.
- US Citizenship required (for access to government computer systems).
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF THE LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability