El Paso, TX 79925 US
Currently recruiting a Dentist in El Paso, Texas, to provide dental care at a facility that houses individuals detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The dentist provides oral health care for detainees in ICE custody and assists with local dental program management and auxiliary staff monitoring as directed within prescribed policy and accreditation standards. The dentist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functioning of the dental clinic including infection control and environmental health and safety. The successful candidate will have at least 1 year of experience as a Licensed Dentist.
DUTIES OF THE DENTIST:
- Provides primary oral health care including examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients within prescribed IHSC policy and accreditation standards.
- Assures strict sharps and instruments control/accountability through maintenance of prescribed twice daily logging and counts.
- Observes IHSC radiation safety protocols, EPA Radiation Protection Guidance and recommendations, National Council on Radiation Protection guidance, and American Dental Association recommendations/guidance when exposing dental radiographs to assure optimal patient and provider safety.
- Assures optimum sterilization and/or disinfection procedures including instrument processing and spore testing in accordance with IHSC policy and CDC guidelines.
- Refers patients to dental specialists through the IHSC managed care program for consultation and/or treatment when appropriate.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Assists with day to day technical oversight of the dental auxiliary staff and provides input to the Local Dental Unit Chief, HSA, and/or designated supervisory authority.
- Serves as a resource to local facility staff on dental health issues.
- Provides annual dental training to local medical staff.
- Collects and organizes accurate dental data and submits to the Regional Dental Consultant in a timely manner.
- Attends monthly dental teleconferences, organizational and local duty station meetings.
- May periodically be asked to travel to provide dental care at other sites.
- Performs duties in support of the local medical unit and/or IHSC Dental Program (e.G. Equipment maintenance, supply/equipment acquisition, performance improvement initiatives, training program development, etc).
- Adheres to and maintains awareness of all IHSC policies, procedures, directives, operational memoranda and accreditation standards.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DENTIST:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. Territory accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation in the year of the applicant s graduation.
- One year of recent work experience in the United States as a licensed practicing dentist.
- Experience in Oral Surgery is mandatory.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Hold and maintain a full, current and unrestricted license to practice dentistry independently in the state in which the duty station is located. The license must be maintained in a permanent, full, and unrestricted status during the term of employment.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the American Heart Association.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care to federal agencies. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over 500 healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of our nation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability