Fort Meade, MD 20755 US
Currently recruiting a Dental Assistant to provide care to active duty military members and their families at Ft. Meade, Maryland. The Dental Assistant is a full-time position, 80 hours per two weeks, schedule can vary. Full benefits, including 17 days paid vacation/sick leave and 11 paid Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
- Assists dental officer with patient treatment. Receives patient, examines dental record, and prepares patient for treatment. Adjusts dental chair, and selects and arranges instruments and medications. Takes and records blood pressure. Assists in managing emergency procedures. Retracts tissues and maintains clear operating field. Prepares syringe for injection of anesthetics. Prepares materials for making impressions and restoring defective teeth. Records entries in individual dental records indicating oral cavity condition and treatment accomplished.
- Performs dental health duties. Assists in planning, developing, and conducting comprehensive dental health programs.
- Exposes and processes dental radiographs. Places patient in proper position for extra-oral radiographs and processes digital images. Practices and enforces accepted radiation safety standards.
- Engages in general dental duties. Follows infection control procedure and guidelines. Cleans, sterilizes, and sharpens dental instruments. Tests sterilizing equipment. Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to dental equipment. Performs daily inspection and user maintenance of dental equipment. Practices and enforces accepted safety standards.
- Performs dental administrative and materiel duties. Maintains dental health records, filing systems, and publications. Reviews correspondence, reports, and records for accuracy. Performs dental materiel functions related to procurement, custodial responsibilities, maintaining, and disposing of dental supplies and equipment.
- Reports deficiencies and outstanding accomplishments to Chief Dental Services. Consults and coordinates with Chief Dental Services for improving administrative and paraprofessional procedures. Institutes corrective action to ensure adequacy and compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
- Degree/Education: Completion of high school or GED is required.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Possesses a Dental Assistant certification recognized by the U.S. Department of Education accreditation programs in dental assisting with 6 months experience as a dental assistant, or military dental assistant training, vocational-technical training, or American Red Cross Dental Assistant training with at least 6 months practical experience as a dental assistant.
- Experience in functions such as taking dental radiographs, maintaining dental equipment, and assisting dentist in patient treatment is mandatory.
- Knowledge is mandatory of: oral and dental anatomy;fundamentals of physiology;dental therapeutics;sterile techniques;emergency dental care;oral hygiene;dental materials;instruments;dental treatment room procedures;medicines;systemic diseases;dental radiography techniques and procedures;dental health programs;infection control procedures;equipment maintenance requirements;and physical properties of dental materials
- Board Certification: must be in compliance with Exhibit 5 requirements for a Dental Assistant.
- Licensure/Registration: must be in compliance with Exhibit 5 requirements for a Dental Assistant.
- US Citizenship required (for access to government computer systems).
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability