Joint Base Andrews, MD 20735 US
Currently recruiting a Clinical Psychologist to provide care to active duty military members and their families at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. The Clinical Psychologist is a full-time position, 80 hours per two weeks, schedule can vary. Full benefits, including 17 days paid vacation/sick leave and 11 paid Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST:
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander' s staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology.
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology. Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psych diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders. The following are desirable skills:
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records or all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.G., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat 45 stress).
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST:
- Have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program.
- Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: must be in compliance with Exhibit 5 requirements for a Psychologist.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience as a licensed clinical psychologist.
- Shall have a minimum of two years post-internship clinical experience in an outpatient setting providing empirically based treatments for a variety of clinical conditions/diagnoses and a variety of patient demographics such as age, race, and cultural background. The two years of minimal experience must: (1) be predominantly clinical rather than managerial or teaching in nature, (2) demonstrate treatment experience with adult patients (age 18+), (3) demonstrate experience with individual treatments and (4) demonstrate clinical experience with a wide variety 44 of clinical conditions rather than focused on a specific clinic group (i.E., substance abuse, eating disorders, or domestic violence victims).
- Shall have a minimum of two-year post-internship clinical experience which include experience with adult psychological testing, including personality testing, for clinical or forensic purposes. This experience must include written psychological testing interpretation reports either as a consult or in the context of a larger clinical evaluation report with at least two written reports per year (at least four writer reports). O Must be proficient in typing and familiar with using a computerized electronic medical record system.
- Board Certification: must be in compliance with Exhibit 5 requirements for a Psychologist.
- Licensure/Registration: Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- US Citizenship required (for access to government computer systems).
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability