North Chicago, IL US
Currently recruiting a Chiropractic Assistant in North Chicago, Illinois, to work at the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center and provide medical care for Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees. The Chiropractic Assistant position is full-time, Mon-Fri days, with full benefits and including 17 days of paid vacation & sick leave, plus paid 10 federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE CHIROPRACTIC ASSISTANT INCLUDE:
- Perform all duties in accordance with the chiropractic guidelines identified as Guidelines for Chiropractic Quality Assurance and Practice Parameters: Proceedings of the Mercy Center Consensus Conference.
- Prepare treatment areas for incoming patients. Transport patients to chiropractic department, and prepare patients and equipment for treatment.
- Administer complex, specialized supportive physio-therapy treatment in areas such as ultrasound, electrotherapy, therapeutic hot/cold and therapeutic exercise in support of chiropractic treatments in the clinic in a safe and medically accepted manner as directed by the supervisor.
- Instruct and supervise patient exercise programs.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Document assessments, tests, treatments and progress in the medical record at each visit. Record alterations of treatment plans and patient' s reactions as needed. Document actions taken such as patient history, patient evaluation, treatments/adjustments, unusual occurrences. Comply with data collection requirements of the Chiropractic Health Care Demonstration Program (CHCDP) evaluation for each patient.
- Assist in physical therapy or occupational therapy as needed within the scope of their certificate.
- Have a minimum of one year of full-time experience within the last three years and attended a training program as a Chiropractic Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Physical Therapy Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Operating Room Technician, or other similar medically related support type occupation.
- One year of experience as a Chiropractic Assistant, or similar position, after graduation.
- Must possess a Certification as a Chiropractic Assistant.
- BLS required
- Provide two letters of recommendation attesting to the clinical skills of the chiropractic assistant. These letters must be written within the last two years.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability