Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 US
Currently recruiting a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) in Fort Belvoir, Virginia to provide care to Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital. Schedule will not exceed 80 hours within a 2-week pay period. Services will be required on Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST (CRNA):
- Preoperative evaluation: Prepare and review case histories and obtain data through interviews, chart review, physical examination, and interdisciplinary specialty consultation for patients undergoing surgical procedures, labor analgesia, or anesthesia for non-invasive studies or exams.
- Provide routine and emergent anesthesia care for infant through geriatric patient populations with American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) classification I VI.
- Provide regional and/or general anesthesia care for the following subspecialties: general surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, interventional radiology, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, vascular, adult and pediatric dentistry, otolaryngology, neurosurgery, urology, ophthalmology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedics, plastic and reconstructive surgery, podiatry, and dermatology, as assigned by NCR MTFs.
- Prepare and review case histories and obtain data through interviews of patients.
- Provide routine and emergent anesthesia care for neonatal through geriatric patients with American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) classifications I - VI.
- Provide regional and/or general anesthesia care for the following subspecialties: general surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, cardiothoracic, vascular, adult dentistry, pediatric dentistry, otolaryngology, neurosurgery, urology, ophthalmology, oral surgery, orthopedics, plastic surgery, podiatry, and dermatology.
- Administer appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic nerve blocks in the treatment of acute and chronic pain.
- Provide resuscitative care during a cardiopulmonary arrest, and sedation or general anesthetic care at remote locations.
- Personally provide this care or he/she shall supervise the simultaneous delivery of anesthesia care by the student registered nurse anesthetist.
- Oversee the activities of the recovery room and administer appropriate drug and respiratory therapy in the recovery room setting.
- Implement the proper use of mechanical ventilators in the recovery room, and as necessary, in the intensive care units.
- Interpret tests results and evaluate findings.
- Work under the general professional direction of the Chief of Anesthesiology Services.
- Provide consultation services for members of the MTF staff for purposes of specialty area training. As required, the contracted CRNA will serve in a teaching capacity to staff members assigned to the MTF and ambulatory clinics.
- Maintain accurate clinical records and receiving consultations and laboratory work of specific patients. The CRNA shall complete medical charting within 72 hours of patient visit IAW with JC guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST (CRNA):
***MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE APRN LICENSE FROM VIRGINIA***
- Bachelor s Degree of Nursing from a National League for Nursing (NLN) approved school;Master s Degree in Nurse Anesthesia from an American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) accredited school
- Certified as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist from the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) or the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Within the preceding three (3) years in the specialty, a minimum of one (1) year clinical CRNA experience working independently while also performing regional anesthesia, to include: neuraxial and peripheral nerve blocks, such as spinals, epidurals (lumbar epidural analgesia), interscalene, femoral, sciatic, and other extremity nerve blocks, independent of supervision.
- Must be competent and have experience in obstetric anesthesia (general endotracheal, epidural, and subarachnoid blocks).
- Must be competent with performing subarachnoid or epidural anesthesia.
- Current ACLS and BLS
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS FOR THE CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST (CRNA):
- Competitive pay
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability