Certified Ophthalmic Technician
Oceanside, CA 92055 US
Currently recruiting a Certified Ophthalmic Technician to work at the Ophthalmology Clinic on Camp Pendleton near Oceanside, California. This is a full-time position providing medical care for Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees. The Certified Ophthalmic Technician position is full-time, Monday - Saturday, normally between the hours of 6: 30AM - 6: 30PM, with full benefits and including 17 days of paid vacation & sick leave, plus 10 paid federal holidays. The Certified Ophthalmic Technician will work no more than 80 hours every two weeks.
DUTIES OF THE CERTIFIED OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN:
- Provide a full range of duties to assist the optometrist/ophthalmologist as appropriate to the level of certification (i.E., COA, COT, or COMT).
- Obtain patient histories, perform prescription verification, and maintain records.
- Assist in testing patient vision. Test far and near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception.
- Examine the eye using slit lamp for abnormalities or cornea, and anterior and posterior chambers.
- Apply drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
- Test field of vision, including central and peripheral vision, for defects, and chart test results on graph paper.
- Measure axial length of eye using ultrasound equipment.
- Instruct patients concerning eye care and contact lens handling.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CERTIFIED OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN:
- Possess a minimum of two years of experience in the preceding five years as a Certified Ophthalmic Technician OR a minimum of three years within the last four years as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Have completed a certificate course as an ophthalmology or an optometric technician.
- Possess and maintain current certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) OR Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) OR Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology or have completed a formal ophthalmic training program of the US Armed Forces.
- Certification in the operation of the VISX Star S4 Excimer Laser.
- Manufacturer certification to program the INTRALASE femtosecond laser for the creation of laser made LASIK flaps and one-year hands-on experience.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability