Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Family Med Clinic
Quantico, VA 22134 US
Currently recruiting a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to work at Naval Health Clinic Quantico, Quantico, Virginia, to provide care to Active Duty heroes and their families. The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) hours are Mon through Fri, 0700 - 1830.
DUTIES OF THE CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA):
- Perform the full range of duties of a CMA, including:
- Prepare exam rooms prior to patient' s arrival.
- Obtain patient' s medical record following appropriate procedures.
- Check patient' s vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Obtain and document patient' s current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct Standard Form before patient is in the exam room.
- Assist the provider as needed during exams.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered, to include EKG' s, urine dip sticks, phlebotomy, etc.
- Administer medication to patients as directed.
- Obtain lab and x-ray results. Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released.
- Operate medical automated computer systems.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA):
- Education: Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists or a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
- Certification: Certified Medical Assistant Only: Current certification as a medical assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants or Current registration by the American Medical Technologists or other formal program as specified in the TO.
- Experience: One year of experience as a Medical Assistant after graduation.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship (required to access government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS FOR THE CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA):
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability