San Antonio, TX 78234 US
Currently recruiting an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support services at the Department of Family and Community Medicine, Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) - Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. Hours of operation are from 0600-1800 not to exceed 40 hours per week or 80 hours in a two-week period. Duty hours include a thirty minute or one-hour (non-compensable) lunch break.
DUTIES OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
- Coordinating and preparing required documentation to schedule patients for surgeries. Manages and inputs patient information and special requirements into the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) Surgery Scheduling System (S3). Managing the provider s surgical wait list and provides clinical rosters to providers.
- Providing administrative support to any of the divisions within the Department of Orthopedics.
- Coordinating and supporting weekly/monthly multi-disciplinary meets. Attending daily team meetings to ensure upcoming surgeries/appointments are confirmed. Preparing agendas and records minutes for various meetings within the designated services meeting.
- Coordinating with providers, soldier, case managers, and units to facilitate transportation and lodging needs as required. Preparing documentation required for Non-Medical Attendees.
- Performing monthly performance improvement audits and time analysis. Pulling patient notes from medical records for physicians to conduct peer review audits of medical record documentation based on specified criteria.
- Conducts screening for verification of required administrative documentation. Preparing and using spreadsheets for auditing tracking and generation of various outcome reports.
- Transmitting, receiving and acknowledging documents and electronic mail messages, as well as delivering time sensitive information to the appropriate staff. Using and managing communication pager or intercom system to pager staff members.
- Performing office automation functions. Operating personal computer utilizing numerous software programs to prepare a variety of narrative and tabular materials and to compile patient data for workload recording and reconciliation.
- Assisting patients requesting unscheduled examinations and obtaining information regarding the nature of the medical problem, and making appropriate disposition in accordance to the clinic policy guidelines.
- Instructing all new patients on completion of data intake form and assisting them as necessary.
- Requesting medical/inpatient records for scheduled patient appointments, preparing temporary record if the record is not available.
- Filing examinations and test results in patient s medicals records. Maintaining patient charts as required in accordance with clinic policies.
- Assembling, preparing, addressing, and mailing outpatient notifications regarding laboratory and/or radiology test results.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
- One year of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- High School Diploma or GED
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 11 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability