Registered Nurse (RN) - Primary Care
Twenty-Nine Palms, CA US
Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) - Primary Care, to work at the Primary Care Clinic at Naval Medical Hospital 29 Palms near Palms Springs, California, providing care to Active Duty military heroes. The Registered Nurse - Primary Care position is full-time, 40 hrs/wk, Mon - Fri between 7: 00AM - 6PM.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN)-PRIMARY CARE:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, CarePoint and Secure Messaging
- Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging (i.E., RelayHealth) to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) PRIMARY CARE:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time clinical experience within the last 2 years as a Registered Nurse in a primary care clinic.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Possess and maintain BLS.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
17 days paid time off per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability