Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Home Port
San Diego, CA 92134 US
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - FAMILY MEDICINE CLINIC (MEDICAL HOME PORT):
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Utilize available automated programs and information technology, communication and management tools for proactive patient management and enhance patient experience ((i.E., AHLTA, TSWF, CHCS, CarePoint and Secure Messaging).
- Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging (i.E., RelayHealth) to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
- The HCWs must successfully complete the Tri Service Behavioral Health Care Facilitator (BHCF) training course within 60 days of performance under the task order.
- In addition, the HCWs must meet the passing criteria for BHCF core competencies as determined by a government expert trainer. This demonstration of BHCF core competencies may occur at any time after successful completion of the BHCF training.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control, Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all other required training.
- Assist in planning, provide clinical direction and provide instruction to LPNs/LVNs, nursing assistants and ancillary personnel.
- Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Follow up with patients referred by the Primary Care Manager (PCM) or Internal Behavioral Health Consultant (IBHC) and focus on patient progress in PCM treatment adherence.
- As required, participate in PCM or IBHC case staffing and consultations that involve patients actively engaged in or may benefit in care facilitator services.
- As part of the MHP team, the HCWs shall raise awareness about behavioral health issues and care facilitator services in MHP practice area to promote easy referral of patients.
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time clinical experience within the last 2 years as a Registered Nurse.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. Territories.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
- Prior to commencing service, at Naval Medical Center San Diego, under this contract, Registered Nurses shall attend a 2-hour lecture on IV certification. Registered nurses shall then obtain certifications (e.G., IV, medications and blood administration) in accordance with clinic nursing service and command policy not later than 60 days after commencement of services, including MTF observation of three completed IV sticks during this time.
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability